LA Convention Center
Los Angeles, CA
April 27-29, 2016
3,000 Volunteers Needed
Who Can Come?
Anyone in the Los Angeles area who needs specialized medical, dental and vision care services but has financial difficulty obtaining them.
Who Can Volunteer to Help?
Anyone who is breathing and upright! Even if you are not a medical professional, they can use your help leading guests arount to the various stations, helping set up, passing out books, etc.
What Services They Need Volunteers For?
FREE onsite Services include:
Medical services include primary care, with referrals when appropriate to specialists including:
- Cardiology (heart evaluation)
- Gastroenterology (digestive he)alth)
- Neurology (brain and nervous system health
- other specialty medical services.
Surgical services include consultation, and "office type" procedures when appropriate by:
- General surgery - removal of lumps and bumps, and some skin cancers as well as other procedures
- Orthopedic surgery - joint injections, braces, splints and other procedures
- Podiatry, including:
1. Complete Diabetic ulcer care
2. Diabetic neuropathy & vascular screenings
3. Consultations for bunion and hammertoe problems
4. Full treatment for ingrown toenails
5. Treatment for Plantar fasciitis and heel spur pain
Physical therapy, occupational therapy and other services also available.
Women's health services include well-woman exams, Pap smears, biopsies, STD screening and other services.
Mental health services with an emphasis on evaluation and overcoming of depression are available.
Dental Services include cleaning as well as comprehensive dental services.
Vision care services including eye exams and fitting for glasses.
Where is the event?
Los Angeles, California
When is the event?
Services will be provided free of charge April 27-29, 2016.
How can I get more information?
By calling 1 (888) 44-Pathway (888-447-2849)
Or by visiting www.pathwaytohealthvolunteer.org
Or watch this video:
How can I sign up to volunteer?
Fill out this Application: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eb5und9b1c38e800&oseq=&c=&ch=
Doors will be open from 7a.m. until 4p.m., April 27-28. On Friday, April 29, doors will be open from 7a.m. until 2p.m. Some patients will come early. First come, first served. We will treat as many patients as we have space and services available.